When more than 70,000 firearm enthusiasts gather in Saint Louis from April 13 to April 15 for the 2012 National Rifle Association Annual Meetings and Exhibits, attendees will be in the “backyard” of one of America’s most well known brands – Winchester® Ammunition.
Located just outside Saint Louis in East Alton, Ill., Winchester Ammunition, a longtime supporter of the NRA, will be heavily involved in many aspects of the NRA’s showcase event.
The NRA and Winchester will kickoff the event on April 11 at famous NILO Farms® – an upland hunting and clay shooting paradise named for legendary sportsman and Winchester executive John Olin. Winchester will host the NRA Heritage Society for a sporting clays shoot, luncheon and tour of the hallowed grounds at NILO Farms.
For attendees at the NRA’s giant trade show, Winchester Ammunition will offer exciting promotions in booth #1805. Each day, attendees can stop by to win Winchester shirts, caps, enter various ammunition giveaways and more.
Winchester Ammunition booth promotions:
- Friday, April 13 – “All About Hunters Day,” including a drawing for one case each of Blind Side®, Razorback XT™, Power Max Bonded® and .17 HMR ammunition
- Saturday, April 14 – “PDX1® Defender™ Day,” including a drawing to win a personal defense training session with PDX1 Defender Spokesman Rob Pincus and various PDX1 Defender products
- Sunday, April 15 – “USA Shooting Shotgun Team Day,” including drawings to win five cases of AA® shotshells and a shooting trip with Olympic champion Kim Rhode
On Friday at 2 p.m., Winchester will also host a special “TweetUp” to connect with Winchester Twitter followers and Facebook fans. The event will take place in the Winchester Ammunition booth and feature giveaways for ammo, Winchester gear, an iPad, snacks, refreshments and more.
Winchester Ammunition also donated custom firearms for two of the weekend’s most anticipated events:
- On Thursday, April 12 at the NRA Foundation Banquet, the live auction will include a commemorative .270-caliber Winchester® Model 70® bolt-action rifle. This firearm masterpiece features heavily-engraved gold inlay by Baron Technologies, Inc., a AAA-grade walnut stock and the laser-engraved signature of legendary gun writer Jack O’Conner.
- On Friday, April 13 at the NRA Institute for Legislative Action Banquet, the live auction will include a .348-caliber Winchester® Model 71® lever-action rifle. This one-of-a-kind firearm features a commemorative NRA-ILA engraving, hand-engraved art by Baron Technologies, Inc. on the receiver, fore-end cap and lever and a jeweled trigger, hammer and more.
With a company heritage dating back to 1866, Winchester Ammunition was there for the taming of the American West, the Allied Forces’ victory in World War II and through the years, millions of fond memories made in the great outdoors. Known as The American Legend™, Winchester is a global leader in sporting, law enforcement, military and personal defense ammunition production. Winchester continues to raise the bar with innovative products like Blind Side®
waterfowl and PDX1®Defender™
personal defense ammunition.
For more information about Winchester Ammunition, visit www.winchester.com
, or connect with The American Legend on Facebook at Facebook.com/WinchesterOfficial