Range Bag Essentials
If you are heading out to the range, the items in your bag will vary depending on the type of shooting you are engaging in.However, there are a few essentials that I have in my bag so I can be prepared for when the opportunity for fun arrises!
Preventing cookies from being stored on your device may interfere with your ability to view video content.
You can adjust your cookie setting by clicking the button below.
Here are a few items I keep handy in my range bag:
- Targets: I like to use orange peel dual-color targets. They are vibrant, easy to stick and stand out against their background. What’s better is you can instantly see where you hit the target allowing you to adjust without having to walk up to the target to mark your hit.
- Range Finder: Keeping a range finder in your bag allows you to know the exact distance to your target. I especially love having a range finder on me when I am practicing drills or have multiple targets up.
- Ear protection: I typically keep two pairs in all of my bags. Ear buds and ear muffs. When shooting pistols I prefer to wear muffs, when shooting skeet or long range I prefer the buds as they allow me to get comfortable on the gun. Having an extra pair is also great incase a friend wants to join you at the range!
- Eye protection: I try to keep two pairs in my bag, as I love shooting with friends. I have several lenses to choose from. Therefore I can choose the best lenses for the lighting conditions.
- Cleaning Supplies: In case the need to field strip and clean my gun arrises, I keep a small cleaning kit in my range bag!